Due to COVID and the restrictions that were in place we were unable to run our program for the 2020-2021 season, we are aiming however to still be able to move forward with programming for the 2021-2022 season. While we don’t have all of the information yet, we hope that this helps until we have full details to share.
Here is what we do know:
- We would be running a CADS Calgary program with all disciplines, if possible, to not discriminate.
- We would have a reduced schedule as we are late on registration now, and Winsport is not organized with nights yet. We imagine that this would affect volunteer training, not Student lesson nights.
- Lesson nights would still run on Sundays as that is the only night that we have Winsport to ourselves, and with COVID, that will be of importance.
- As we would be short on training days, we would not bring on new volunteers this year. There is a possibility of taking on new volunteers but not for on-hill instruction.
- As we do not know how many volunteers will be returning in light of COVID we would be restricted in terms of accepting new students.
- As for registration, we are looking at doing as much online as possible. This would require a little more work for our Supervisors, but we need to do what we can to reduce contact as much as possible.
- We have set up a COVID Committee with Thom Griffith as the Chair. Their goal is to develop plans to ensure we are safe both off and on the hill.
Going forward it is our goal to update our members bi-weekly at a minimum. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.